24 Hour Crisis Hotlines. All calls are confidential.
Domestic Violence: 740-283-3444 or 1-888-611-SAFElearn more
Sexual Assault: 740-512-6092learn more
National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline: 1-866-331-9474learn more
Call 2-1-1 for assistance with rent, utilities, food, clothing, taxes, prescriptions, medical, and mortgage. Website
Domestic Violence Services:
- Emergency Shelter
- Toll-free, 24 hour crisis hotline
- Information and referrals
- Emergency 911 cell phones
- Community Education/speakers
- School and youth dating violence program
- Advocacy services: criminal court victim’s advocacy, civil court advocacy, housing and financial advocacy
- Support groups: Victim’s group, DACC referrals (for male batterers)
Sexual Assault Services:
- Providing information, 24/7 Hotline, emotional support, counseling referrals,
and hospital advocacy for survivors of sexual violence.
- 24 Hour Hotline Services: Providing emotional support, information and referrals.
- Hospital Advocacy: An advocate will meet the survivor at the hospital and support him/her throughout the medical examination.
- Court/Police Support: An advocate will provide support throughout the legal process.
- Counseling Services: Referrals for individual, family and group therapy.
- Prevention Education and Community Awareness: Education programs for all ages.
Teen dating violence and abuse is a pattern of destructive behaviors used to exert power and control over a dating partner.
- Checking your cell phone or email without permission.
- Constantly putting you down.
- Extreme jealousy or insecurity.
- Explosive temper.
- Isolating you from family or friends.
- Making false accusations.
- Mood swings.
- Physically hurting you in any way.
- Telling you what to do.
If you are afraid of your dating partner, consider applying for a protection order. Teenagers can apply for protection orders from Juvenile Court at the court house and there is no cost. Protection orders require the person named stay away from you.
Being in a relationship isn’t supposed to be scary. You shouldn’t feel afraid of a person who claims to love you. Abuse isn’t love!