Domestic Violence Volunteers:
Domestic Violence Volunteer Advocates: We are always looking for passionate people looking to lend a hand. Our shelter is a place survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault go while in crisis, while they are with us it becomes their home. That being said we are always looking for people willing to donate their time and help spruce up our shelter. If you're interested in volunteering for us, please call (740)283-3444
Looking for an Internship? Student intern's at ALIVE Inc. will work under the supervision of a staff member who meets the educational and work related qualifications required by most post-secondary educational institutions. Intern's are given opportunities to shadow staff while they provide advocacy in the community whether that be in court, during presentations in the community, community partner meetings, or the general tasks of the shelter. If you are interested feel free to give us a call at (740)283-3444, or send us an email at email@example.com
Sexual Assault Volunteers Needed:
Sexual Assault Volunteer Advocates: Seeking compassionate volunteers to provide emotional support to victims of sexual assault.
- Goal: To provide emotional support to victims of sexual assault.
- Responsibilities: Assist with a 24 hour telephone Hotline and respond to area hospitals.
- Qualifications: Be a compassionate listener with a willingness to handle sensitive issues and maintain complete confidentiality.
At least two shifts per month.
Shifts: 6:00am-6:00pm OR 6:00pm-6:00am
- Shifts are available 7 days a week including holidays.
- Partial shifts can be scheduled.
- Volunteer Advocates will receive Hotline calls on their personal cell phone or home phone. You are not expected to sit at home and wait for a Hotline call.
- If you are interested in becoming a volunteer advocate please call us at 740-283-3444.